Newsletter Sign-up

Subscribe for up-to-date medical providers, medical tourism articles, news, and medical promotion.


Prince Court Medical Center Has Earned Its Royal Name

The Prince Court Medical Center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is making a big name for itself. In 2013 the facility fell at number one (#1) in the world for medical tourism hospitals! This was the first time the MTQUA gave the top spot to a Malaysian hospital. 

Vachira Phuket Hospital (Phuket, Thailand)

Contact Information

  • 353 Yaowarat Rd.,Muang
  • Phuket Town
  • +6676 361 234 1215
  • +6676 211 155
  • Open daily

Visit Website


Vachira Phuket Hospital Introduction

Introduction:

Vachira Phuket Hospital is the public hospital committed to providing holistic healthcare services, being a center of serving patients in both secondary and tertiary levels, and expanding the cooperation with marketing alliances. Equipped with high standards of management systems and efficiency, we ensure a high quality service for our patients and staffs. Vachira Phuket Hospital is the public hospital committed to providing holistic healthcare services, being a center of serving patients in both secondary and tertiary levels, and expanding the cooperation with marketing alliances. Equipped with high standards of management systems and efficiency, we ensure a high quality service for our patients and staffs. 

Established in 1906 by Phraya Ratsadanupradit (Kosimbi Na Ranong,) with cooperation of Phuket’s wealthy merchants, Vachira Phuket Hospital was at first named “Sukhapiban Hospital” directly under the municipality. It was on the Komarapat road within the total area of 16,000 square meters. The hospital overseer was the British doctor, Dr. Mac, and many years later Phra Vejakijpisal (Jerm Dilokpat) was appointed the first Thai director of the hospital. Without any nurse at that time the hospital had hired an external personnel, Mr. Lew, to be a nurse assistant responsible for wound dressing and medicine distribution.

In the end of 1916, King Phra Mongkut Klao Chaoyuhua (Rama VI) traveled to Phuket province and granted royal permission to move the hospital to a new location because of recurring floods and gave His Majesty’s private money to construct a new building at the new location which is now the current setting. The building was successfully built in 1919 and denominated “Vachiraphayaban Building.” In addition, King Rama VI also kindly allowed using his name as the hospital name “Vachira Phuket Hospital.” The hospital was inaugurated in Phraya Surintaraja’s time. Many buildings have been constructed since then with donated money. 

In 1952 Vachira Phuket Hospital was transferred to be under the Department of Medical Services, the Ministry of Public Health. Nowadays Vachira Phuket Hospital is a 503 bedsgeneral hospital under the Office of the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health. Surrounded by striking mahoganies, given seeds by Phraya Wichitwongpoomikrai, Vachira Phuket Hospital has been founded for 103 years.

Language Support:

English, Thai

Piyavate Hospital Special Offers and Packages